Database Computer Support - Okehampton, Exeter - £12 - £14 per hour 22k -25k if permanent.
The post holder will assist colleagues across the Trust to maximise the use of digital technologies and adapt to and exploit changes in technology to meet organisation objectives and maximise productivity, ensuring effective use of digital office technologies, productivity software, digital communications, including collaborative technologies, and digital information systems to achieve objectives.
The post will assist with training and supporting colleagues to make the best use of technology-based productivity tools and supporting the digital team with delivering digital change across the Trust, providing hands on direct support where necessary, including classroom support.
The post-holder will support training events in order to maximize the use of digital technologies and adapt and exploit changes in technology to meet the needs of the wider department.
The post holder will be based at Okehampton, but will be expected to work across any of the 17 schools to assist where required.
·To provide digital support across the Trust via a number of digital systems, providing direct and hands-on support as necessary, including classroom support
·To work as part of the Digital team, providing and supporting digital innovation and making recommendations for improvements and customer satisfaction
To communicate widely and effectively in writing, verbally and face to face appropriately through digital channels, including e-mail, telephone and collaborative technologies, using technical terminology and non-technical terminology as appropriate, whether for internal or external communication
·Train and support end-users to embrace digital technologies and resources, to extend knowledge and skills in the use of new digital systems or features and other skills
· Apply relevant digital technologies effectively to achieve objectives
· Monitor and operate complex digital information and intelligence systems
· Respond to user enquiries and support tickets via Jira Service Management
· Maintain data, digital resources and data systems
· Communicate effectively though digital channels
· Maintain an awareness of current, emerging and fringe digital technologies
· Contribute ideas to new technology-based productivity solutions, and assist in implementing these across the Trust
· Work as digital champions - training and supporting colleagues to make the best use of technology-based productivity tools
· Diagnose digital problems and provide internal end-user support
· Assist with digital operations and digital change projects
· Support digital transformation projects
This job description is intended as a guide to the principal duties and responsibilities for the post and should not be considered an exhaustive list.
It is subject to change in line with future development of the service.
Integritas Education Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment business for this position.
If you are successful, Integritas is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service.
The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process.
As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback.