Primary SEN Teaching Assistant - Reading, Berks. Long-term temp. £80 - 90 per day
• Supporting Reception age pupils in this Ofsted 'GOOD' School
• Some pupils with Severe and Complex Learning Difficulties
• 1-1 and group work
• Centre of Reading RG1
• Starting immediately
SEN training and/or qualification required
Do you have experience providing support for SEN pupils in a Primary School?
These pupils are in Reception class.
Or perhaps you have been a Support Worker for children with Learning Difficulties?
If you answered yes to the above then this position may be for you!
This is a long-term temp role and may even become permanent for the right person.
This very good school is part of a small group of primary schools that all work collaboratively.
The Head Teacher places high importance on each child getting 1-1 time with a capable SEN TA to go through with them their learning activities, break it down for them, making it fun and engaging and help them achieve!
The SEN TA would also be responsible for behaviour intervention so they need to be a strong personality and confident working with pupils with complex needs.
Responsibilities of role : SEN TA
• Supporting pupils on a 1:1 and group basis
• Creatively adapting activities to appeal to child's interests
• Managing challenging behaviour and sensory meltdown
• Liaise with the class Teacher and class team to deliver effective teaching and learning to pupils
• Feeding back to Teacher on child's progress
• Acting as a positive presence in class!
The School are looking for:
• Degree Educated
• Experienced TA / Health Care Worker / Support Worker / Mentor / Tutor
• Strong skills in SEN
• Able to work in a team
If this SEN TA position in Reading sounds right for you, please call our office or forward your updated CV today.
You will need an enhanced DBS for this position.
Due to the large volume of response we receive you will only be contacted if your skills and experience match what our client is looking for As defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Integritas Education is a Data Controller and a Data Processor, and our legal basis for processing your personal data is 'Legitimate Interests’. You have the right to object to us processing your data in this way. For more information about this, your rights, and our approach to Data Protection and Privacy, please visit our website