Registered Manager - Young Persons Residential Home £30 - £40k - Doncaster
Accountable to: Directors of Operations
Responsible for: Residential Support Workers
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 (Dep on Exp)
Purpose of the role:
To be responsible for shaping and delivering the residential home’s ‘Statement of Purpose’ and managing the team to achieve the same.
To provide high quality care services that supports the needs of the residents, to be an advocate for their well-being and to provide strong, motivational leadership to staff.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. To manage a ‘Young Persons’ Residential Home and ensure the efficient operation of the service in accordance with the relevant legislation, procedures, policies and the Statement of Purpose for the home.
2. To produce a development plan for the service that ensures the delivery of high quality, clinically informed practice.
3. To support staff to achieve the highest standards of care for the residents.
4. To co-ordinate and monitor casework and administrative functions of the home and evaluate standards of performance.
5. To assist and supervise in the continual assessment of the needs of the young people and to identify and prepare specific development plans to ensure the most appropriate service provision.
6. To be involved in recruitment of staff including vetting, interviewing and inducting new employees.
7. To contribute to a comprehensive staff training and development programme to enable the service to have available all necessary skills and levels of expertise to meet the needs of the young people.
8. To contribute to the development of appropriate relationships with and between staff, young people and other stakeholders.
9. Liaise with the various internal and external multi-disciplinary teams and commissioning authorities to ensure that the care needs of new and existing residents are met.
10. To chair meetings, reviews and discussions as necessary.
11. To ensure at all times that professional ethics and behaviour are demonstrated by all staff at all times. Actively co-ordinate the service provision and be a focal point for support, advice and coaching to all staff within the Home.
12. To assist in the management, appraisal, supervision and support of all residential staff.
13. To organise duty rotas in order to ensure that the needs of the young people are met at all times.
14. To ensure that the Company's financial and administrative procedures are adhered to and to work within a set budget.
15. Ensure all clinical practices and medication processes within the home are conducted in line with legislation.
16. To work with other Managers to ensure that all staff work together and with others towards meeting the emotional and physical needs of the young people and planning for positive outcomes.
17. Responsibility for safeguarding and promoting individual rights, providing good quality care which is free from oppression and where differences are respected and valued.
18. To be accountable and take responsibility for liaising with regulatory organisations in relation to the way the home is managed.
19. Ensure the all necessary documentation required by regulators is completed to a high standard and be available for inspections, checks or interviews as requested.
20. To promote appropriate and therapeutic relationships between staff and young people and their families, promoting the children and young people's involvement and participation in the day-to-day life of the Home.
21. To be part of an On-Call system.
22. Maintain a clean and safe environment; ensure that the physical state of the building is maintained to a high standard and that all repair/maintenance problems are dealt with promptly.
23. To participate in a range of corporate and management activities as defined by the Director of Operations.
24. Any other such duties as may be required from time to time by the Operational Directors or their authorised representatives.
25. Ensure that safe working practices are employed by all staff at all times in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work legislation. Will co-operate with designated personnel exercising their responsibilities in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of duties and responsibilities, but indicates some of the main areas attached to the post of Registered Homes Manager.
This job description may be amended from time to time, to take account of changing trends in social care relevant legislation, together with Employment Law.
Email Integritas for a fuller person specification
You will need an enhanced DBS for this position.
Due to the large volume of response we receive you will only be contacted if your skills and experience match what our client is looking for.
As defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Integritas Education is a Data Controller and a Data Processor, and our legal basis for processing your personal data is 'Legitimate Interests’. You have the right to object to us processing your data in this way. For more information about this, your rights, and our approach to Data Protection and Privacy, please visit our website