School Administrator, temp to perm - Feltham School TW14, West London £11 - 13 per hour
Updated: Jul 21
Start as a temp and you'll be offered the job permanently if all goes well, after a few months.
**You must have a recent enhanced DBS**
**You must be able to multi-task as you will be very busy on the front line in Reception**
**You are the lynchpin in ensuring this Primary Centre runs well - reporting to and doing secretarial work for, The Head of Centre**
This full time job is to start at the beginning of September 2022 when term starts.
Approximately 36 hours per week term time only
8.30 am - 3.30/4pm
Salary Scale 6 Point 16 – 20 (£23,735 - £25,490 gross pa)
Main Purpose of the Job
1.To be responsible for answering the telephone and greeting visitors to the Primary Centre
2.To provide a professional frontline service to meet the needs of the students attending the Primary Centres on a daily basis
3.To carry out duties as PA to the Head of the Primary Provision
4.To word process documents, accurately and neatly, showing good use of document presentation for the PSOs and outreach provision
5.To handle sensitive data carefully in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
6.To work collaboratively as a member of the Service Admin Team
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
·To be responsible for answering the telephone, dealing pleasantly and patiently with all enquiries
·To announce incoming calls, take detailed messages and to relay messages at regular intervals, including picking up messages from the ansaphone
·To let students and visitors onto the Site and into the building by way of entry phones
·To welcome visitors, monitoring the signing in and out of visitors, including issuing of visitors passes, for Health and Safety and security reasons using the InVentry System
·To inform the School Business Manager of any staff absence by email for each day of sickness or unexpected leave of absence.
·To word process letters, memorandums, reports and tables for all staff at the Centre and to send out letters/ circulars/postings to parents/carers, including information regarding forthcoming events/INSET days and school trips.
·Diary Management, arrangement of meetings and production of papers, rotas and miscellaneous documents as required by the Head of the Primary provision
·To arrange meetings with parents/external agencies as directed by the Head of the Primary provision
·To assist the Outreach Team with Admin tasks as and when required
·Correspondence with parents as required by the Head of the Primary provision.
·To assist the Head of the Primary provision with data for ELT fortnightly plus termly management committee and The School sub-committee which will include producing reports in excel
·Taking, typing and circulating minutes of confidential and general meetings
·From time to time typing up and circulating of highly confidential documents/notes.
·Photocopying, collating and distribution of reports, faxing and shredding documents
·Arranging transport for students to/from the Centre
·To set up and create online student files for the Centre and collect files from previous schools on occasion within the local area
·To set up home visits and school visits for staff
·To be responsible for issuing new staff and supply staff with a security electronic entry card using a security software package and to issue new staff with an induction handbook and a locker as appropriate and to collect up passes/badges/keys from staff who leave the service.
·To collate and send to the Finance Officer order forms for resources, stationery and breakfast club and to liaise with the Finance Officer regarding orders and deliveries, including the need to check off deliveries within 24 hours of delivery and informing the Finance Officer of any discrepancies
Information Management, including SIMS:
To notify the Data Clerk of new student details by use of the Registration Form
· To be responsible for ensuring accurate daily input of student attendance into SIMS from the register
· To produce registration certificates and attendance reports from SIMS Attendance module as requested by the Head of the Primary provision, School Travel Assistance and EWO
· To produce up to date Tutor Group lists for distribution to staff
· To be responsible for breakfast club for the students. This includes ordering and buying of provisions, stock control
· To copy completed In Service Training Request Forms and be responsible for entering all CPD onto database, including being responsible for issuing provisional number and keeping database up to date. To send off application forms and arrange for member of staff to attend course as necessary once the Headteacher has authorised
· To keep a spreadsheet up to date at all times and to check formulas and calculations are correct for commissioned services (Outreach and Pathway Daily).
To meet with the Head of Centre regularly to check the information is recorded correct and that the costs for all schools who have bought into the commissioned services are shown correctly on the spreadsheet.
To then met with the Finance Officer half termly and assist with information requested in order to invoice schools.
To ensure Outreach Staff send their timesheets every Friday and that these are logged accordingly.
· To be responsible for the weekly Health Check information and spreadsheet every Friday and to meet with the Head of Centre on the same day (or Monday at latest) to check the information is correct by being able to analyse the data..
· To produce attendance information from SIMS, run reports as requested by the Headteacher and Head of Centre on a regular basis (normally fortnightly) and to be able to analyse the data accordingly.
· Sending out of weekly reports to parents/carers and to keep a weekly tracking sheet and produce reports/graphs/pie charts as requested by SLT.
· Dealing with outgoing letters and parcels by courier and Royal Mail and to collect incoming post from the school office/staff room.
· Checking student files for permission slips/student contracts, etc. and ensuring these are kept up to date.
· Keeping the central pupil database up to date with new pupils and leavers and presenting this information in the form of graphs / tables
· The archiving of ex-student yellow files for the Primary section of the Education Service and retrieval of any information as required by staff at the Primary Centre
· Any other reasonable duties requested by the Line Manager commensurate with the post, including creation of office databases.
· To take part in the Service's Appraisal system in order to identify strengths and undertake relevant professional development to meet individual and service needs.
· The Post Holder will take a 30 minute lunch break daily.
Integritas Education Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment business for this position.
If you are successful, Integritas is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service.
The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process.
As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback.