SEN Teaching Assistant - Royston School - £9.65-£10.92 per hour - permanent job.
SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Meldreth, Nr Royston, Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border
Salary: £9.65-£10.92ph per hour depending on experience and qualifications
Hours: Full time - 40 hrs per week, Mon - Fri. Term time only
This school is currently looking for a Teaching Assistant to join the team in supporting young people with special educational needs and disabilities. This school is part of a UK wide group of SEN schools.
· You will be crucial in supporting students with their learning, development and progress in all areas of the curriculum within a range of learning contexts including the classroom, the local environment and within the community
· Helping young people with a range of needs, including PMLD, complex medical conditions and autism to achieve their educational and personal goals
· Supporting an environment that fosters equality, diversity and the rights of all young people to be seen as learners and be treated with respect
· Placing an emphasis on support and empowerment of young people
· Developing a greater understanding of disability issues and the values of our school group and demonstrating these in the work
· Providing high quality support in all aspects of the work
· The role may require participation in physical intervention and personal care routines
Sills and Qualifications
GCSE Maths and English qualification minimum Grade 4 or equivalent is essential.
Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
Knowledge and experience of pupils with SEMH, ASD.
High street discounts
Health cash back plan
Cycle to work scheme
Car lease scheme
Employee assistance program
Training and Development
Integritas Education Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment business for this position.
If you are successful, Integritas is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service.
The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback.
If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.