SEN Teaching Assistant with Sports Responsibilities - £8.90 -£10.20 - Berkeley Gloucestershire.
Teaching Assistant with Sports Delivery
Location: Berkley, South Gloucestershire Salary: £8.95-£10.20ph Hours: 40 hours per week – Term Time Only
This is a bespoke new school for 11-16 year olds with SEMH needs, having taken the best elements of a mainstream school and the best elements of a special school to create an environment where young people can achieve their own goals and thrive - be that with GSCEs or a vocational route. This particular post will delivery informal sport both on and offsite
Opening in September 2021, this is a school that aims to empower young people to aspire and achieve their goals. Be part of something new, we are looking for a team of people interested in the reward task of shaping this exciting new provision right from the very start.
The purpose of the Teaching Assistant is to support the children with their learning and general wellbeing to ensure every child has the best opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment. Where necessary this may include supporting with care needs from time to time as well as positive behaviour management adopting a tailored approach to the individual child. Within this role you will be required to deliver informal sport both on and off site.
This particular TA role includes an additional responsibility for delivery of PE and sports across the school to groups and to individuals, so would ideally suit someone with a sports coaching background.
· To establish a warm, caring and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the School.
· To plan and deliver PE sessions and lunchtime sports clubs
· Organise sport/movement based activities both on and off site. This will include undertaking risks assessments and other necessary logistical tasks to ensure the activities are successful and safe.
· Working closely with the school OT to support students sensory/physical needs
· To promote and encourage independence and personal development in pupils and maintain high expectations of behaviour at all times.
· To contribute to providing high quality, challenging and differentiated educational activities and experiences through supporting the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum aiming at pupils achieving their full potential in all areas of learning.
· Support the Class Teacher in all areas of the day to day running of the class
· To respond to the varying and changing needs of the school and adapt to any task presented to achieve the smooth running of the school.
· To promote pupils’ cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being.
· Demonstrate a proven ability to work collaboratively within a multi-professional team
· Under the guidance of a more senior TA or a teacher, ensure all documentation is completed correctly for records of incidents, health, behaviour etc. as necessary
Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
Successful candidate qualities:
GCSE Maths and English Level 2/C or above qualification is essential.
Previous experience (at least one year) of working as a L2 qualified or equivalent TA.
L3 award in supporting teaching and learning in schools or equivalent
Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
Knowledge or experience of pupils with SEN or SEMH/ASD
Commitment to the role, the desire to put the child first and treat them as an individual
Be positive and creative in meeting pupils’ needs
What’s on offer?
Full training and continued support. Life assurance and pension. Health cash back plan. Car lease scheme
Bike to work scheme. Perk box. Free parking.
All staff are required to start employment in mid-August 2021 for induction and training.
Integritas Education Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Integritas is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion