Senior Early Years Practitioner - Nursery in SE London - £23,071
Call Jane at Integritas for further details.
Report to: Nursery Manager / Deputy Manager
Scope of position:
· To lead the implementation of the EYFS and ECM in the nursery setting and meet all Ofsted requirements.
· To ensure all children receive rich and stimulating experiences, in a safe, caring and nurturing environment to support all aspects and components of the EYFS.
· To work with the staff team to ensure the ethos of the nursery and its policies, procedures and practices.
· To welcome, support and work in partnership with the parents and carers of the children.
· To act in Third in Charge in the absence of both the Nursery Deputy and Manager.
Children’s care and development
1. To act as room leader and ensure the EYP team provide a caring, emotionally secure, stimulating and safe environment, appropriate to the needs of individual children.
2. To implement the principles of the EYFS, providing a wide and varied range of activities for the children appropriate to their needs and developmental stage.
3. To maintain high standards of quality within the nursery, including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children, and act as an exemplary role model for children and staff.
4. To ensure staff/ child ratios are maintained at all times.
5. To oversee the organisation of rooms, their layout, routines, rotas, displays and so forth
6. To support the setting out and consistently reinforcement of limits and boundaries regarding the children’s behaviour.
7. To oversee the maintenance and accuracy of effective record keeping for all the children, the creation of all necessary reports and the signing of necessary checklist and forms.
8. To lead all staff planning for EYFS and plan activities for your own key children.
9. To participate in planning children’s trips outside the nursery and undertake advance reconnaissance visits for these excursions.
10. To actively promote partnership with parents/carers and facilitate their involvement in the nursery.
11. To oversee the successful settling-in of all children, consult with parents and share information with them about the needs and progress of their children.
12. To support and promote the development of good practice with regard to inclusion of children with special needs.
Health and Safety
13. To provide a high standard of health and hygiene in all areas of the nursery and garden, and for the children themselves, and supervise others to achieve the same.
14. To ensure the nursery resources and equipment are kept in good order, reporting maintenance or cleaning issues appropriately and promptly.
15. To oversee the safe daily opening and closing of the nursery building.
16. To adhere to all Health and Safety policies and ensure that any necessary remedial actions are taken promptly.
17. To ensure all the dietary and allergy requirements of the children are met at all times.
18. To ensure that children are kept safe at all times, and when necessary follow Child Protection Procedures as outlined in the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
19. To effectively support, mentor, and supervise room staff in their day to day duties and routines, and providing meaningful feedback about their work.
20. To delegate and oversee the duties and responsibilities of the room staff, and organise the staff daily timetables, including breaks and out-of-room time.
21. To ensure that all children have a key person allocated to them, and that appropriate planning, observations and record-keeping are undertaken for each child.
22. To exercise a general duty of care for work colleagues and to be responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for all employees.
23. To be responsible for ensuring standards of professionalism and confidentiality are adhered to at all times by the staff in the rooms.
24. To be fully conversant with the contents of all policies and procedures and ensure these are adhered to by all EYP, including trainees, and reinforced with parents where necessary.
25. To mentor the professional development of trainees by instigating an appropriate buddy system, and imparting knowledge, practically and theoretically.
26. To work closely with other room seniors also implementing the EYFS to ensure a consistent approach.
27. To support the managers in their endeavours and ensure relevant information and decisions are taken on board by staff and maintained in the rooms at all times.
28. To liaise with management about any concerns regarding the children, parents or other staff.
29. To support the managers and staff during Ofsted Inspections and to assist in the implementation of any recommendations.
30. To attend all necessary internal and external meetings, including reviews, case conferences, and staff/ peer/ group meetings.
31. To liaise in a professional manner with external professionals and professional bodies, as appropriate.
32. To carry out all duties in a friendly, helpful, flexible, diplomatic and professional manner and in accordance with the nursery’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
33. To keep up-to-date with current developments in research, policy and practice in your field of work and be willing to learn new skills to enhance your professional development.
34. To undertake any other tasks within the scope of the role, and take responsibility for particular aspects of work, as reasonably requested by management.
Integritas Education Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Integritas is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.